- Rice - 1 Cup
- Capsicum - 1 (thin sliced)
- Red Chillies - 2
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1
- Peanuts (roasted) - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 5 no
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Butter/Ghee/Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat the pan and dry roast(without oil) the ingredients Red chillies, Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Coriander seeds, Urad dal in a medium flame until turns light brown and the good flavour comes from these spices. Finally add the roasted peanuts and combine with the other spices for few seconds and turn off heat. Once cool add the Garam masala to that and grind to a coarse powder (not fine powder).
- Heat the butter in a pan and add sliced Capsicum. Dont over cook them, lets the capsicum retains their crunchy texture. Add salt to taste and combine well and cook for few minutes.
- Add the dry roast powder and let it cook for another 1 min and turn off heat.
- Add the cooked rice and mix it well till all the masala coated well with rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with Yogurt or Chips or Papad (appalam)
- You can use any color(red ,yellow) of Capsicum or you can use mixed color of capsicum.