- Coriander Leaves - 1 bunch
- Rice (basmathi / sona masoori) - 2 cups
- Green chillies - 3
- Coconut - 1 1/2 tsp (grated)
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Asafoetida - little
- Red chillies - 2
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 (chopped into thin slices)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Remove the stems from the coriander bunch. Wash the coriander leaves and chopped finely.
- Grind the Coriander leaves, green chillies and coconut to coarse paste.
- Cook the rice separately.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, cumin seeds, red chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and ginger garlic paste.
- Then add sliced onions to the fry until it turns brown. Then add the ground paste and salt. Fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Then add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve with raita or chips or papad.