- Rava (Suji) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Maida or All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Ripe Banana - 1/2 (mashed)
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cooking Soda - a pinch (very little)
- Soak the Rava in water for half an hour.
- Drain the excess water completely and add Sugar. Mix well until the sugar dissolvs.Then add Maida and mix well.
- Add the Cardamom powder, Cooking Soda, Ripe banana (mashed) and mix well (no need to add water).
- The batter (mixture) should be thick in consistency.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Take a medium spoon full of batter and drop it carefully into the oil.
- Fry both sides till it turns golden brown color under medium flame.
- Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
- Now the sweet Rava Kachayam is ready to eat.
- Banana is optional here.You can also make rava kachayam without adding banana.