- Big onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 2 (finely chopped)
- Mixed Vegatables (fresh or frozen) - 2 cups (diced)
- Cloves - 2 no
- Cinnamon - 1 piece
- Sombu (fennel seeds) - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom - 1 no
- Green chillies - 1 (optional)
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut (fresh or frozen or powder) - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat the oil in a pan add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, sombu, cumin seeds, green chillies. Then add the onions fry until it turns golden brown then add ginger & garlic paste , tomatoes cook for 2 min.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and cook for 2 min in a medium flame.
- Add all the vegetables stir well till all the masalas coated with vegatables and cook for 2 min.
- Now add 2 to 3 cups of water, salt and cover with a lid make to boil until the vegatables are half cooked.
- Grind the coconut to a fine paste(if its a coconut powder use directly) add to the vegatables & cook until its fully cooked and thickened in a medium flame.Keep stirring in between.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with chapathi, poori or rice and enjoy !!!!
- U can add any vegetables like carrot, beans, peas, cauliflower, potato, mushroom, soya beans, corn etc..
- Add or remove any masalas according to your taste.