Beetroots are a rich source of antioxidants and filled with nutrients, and they can be used in multiple ways like salads, juices, making patties for sandwich, and with rice. Today i have used beets with rice, so called Beetroot rice.
- Cooked Rice - 2 cups
- Beetroot - 2 (grated or chopped into small pieces)
- Onion - 1 (chopped )
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Green chillies - 3 to 4
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut - 1/4 cup (grated)
- Salt - for taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, urad dal and channa dal. Let the mustard seeds crackle then add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Add onions fry untill turns light brown. Then add ginger & garlic paste, chopped tomatoes and fry well.
- Add the grated/chopped beetroot, mix well add 2 cups of water, turmeric powder and required salt. Cover it with a lid and cook until the betroot gets cooked.Water gets fully absorbed at the end.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Once it is done add the cooked rice, sprinkle needed salt and mix well.
- Beetroot Rice is now ready to serve. Enjoy !!!!
- You can also add green peas with the beetroot.
- You can also add some extra spices for your choice.