- Tomato - 2
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Red Chillies - 2 to 3
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
- Onion - 1 tsp (one inch piece, chopped)
- Curry leaves - 2 strands
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Oil - 2 tsp
- In a mixie grind the pepper, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic, red chillies and tomatoes to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Then add little pieces of onion, grinded paste, asafoetida and 2 cups of water (add water for your required consistency).
- Then add turmeric powder, required salt and make to boil until raw smell goes. It takes only 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
- At last add a teaspoon of ghee to tamato rasam after switch off the flame. It gives extra taste and smell to tomato rasam.