- Chicken - 1/2 kg
- Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Crushed pepper corns - 2 tbsps
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing (finely chopped)
- Salt - for taste
- Oil - 2 tbsps
For Seasoning :
- Cinnamon - 2 sticks
- Cardomom - 2
- Cloves - 3
- Bay leaf - little
- Fennel seeds(sombu) - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 strands
- Marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes with chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste(1 tsp) and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan add the given items 'for seasoning' one by one in the given order.
- Add the onions and saute till the oil separates. Then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder mix well so that it does not get burnt.
- Now add the tomatoes mix well and add coriander powder. Then add 1/4 cup of water, close the pan with a lid and cook for 5 min in a medium flame. Now you can see oil separates on the top .
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces mix well with the masala. Saute till the moisture come out from the chicken. Now there wil be enough water in the chicken to get cooked. Add the required salt. Close the pan and cook for 10-12 min in a medium flame. If not cook for some more time.
- Once the chicken pieces are cooked well, then add crushed pepper corns and mix well.
- Then add the lemon juice after switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.